The Doctrinal Beliefs Of Central Baptist Church
1. We believe the original Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to be the verbally inspired Word of God without error or contradiction. We prefer and shall use the King James translation for the teaching and preaching ministries of this Church (Luke 24:27; 1 Corinthians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:16, 4:4; 2 Peter 1:20-21).
We further believe the Bible to be the ultimate Authority as to our rule of faith and practice; to be used “for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness” (2 Timothy 3:16).
2. We believe there is One God eternally existent in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, with the fullness thereof in Jesus Christ (Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 44:6, 45:22; Matthew 28:19; Colossians 1:19; 1 John 5:7).
3. We believe in the deity of Christ; His virgin birth; His death, burial, and bodily resurrection from the dead for the remission of our sins and justification from all things, reconciling us unto Himself; and His ascension into heaven (Matthew 1:18, 23; John 1:14; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4; Acts 1:9-10; Romans 5:8-9).
4. We believe that man was created by the direct act of God, innocent of sin and a free moral agent; that by man’s own choice, he sinned against God and brought sin and guilty consequence upon the human race (Genesis 1:26, 3:6; Romans 3:10-23, 5-12; 1 Timothy 2:13-14).
5. We believe that men are saved by the grace of God, through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and not by any works or merit of man; that all true believers possess the gift of eternal life with a divine guarantee that the born again believer shall never perish (Ephesians 2:8-9; John 10:28- 29; Romans 8:38-39).
6. We believe in the existence of Satan, the Deceiver and Prince of this present world; that he was defeated and judged at the cross; and therefore, his final doom is certain (Isaiah 14:12-17; Ephesians 6:12; Genesis 3:15; Revelation 20:10).
7. We believe in the personal, visible, pre-tribulation, pre-millennial return of Christ. The time of His coming for His Church is unrevealed, but imminent, after which He shall pour out the judgments of God upon the unbelieving world. Then He shall descend with His saints and establish His Kingdom over all the earth for a reign of one thousand years (John 14:1-3; Acts 1:11; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17; 1 Corinthians 15:51-58). We further believe in the resurrection of the dead in Christ unto eternal life and of the unbelieving dead unto eternal damnation. (John 5:29; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; Revelation 20:11-15).
8. We believe in the everlasting conscious punishment of all wicked and unbelieving mankind in a literal hell (Luke 16:19-31; 12:15; Revelation 20:11-15).
9. We believe that the Church, as revealed in the Word of God is two-fold. First, it is the body and bride of Christ, a spiritual organism made up of all born-again believers of this present age; and second, that it is an assembly of born again, baptized believers, practicing scriptural ordinances, and actively engaged in fulfilling the Great Commission (Ephesians 1:22-23, 5:25-27; Matthew 28:16-20; Acts 1:8, 2:41).
10. We believe that the only two ordinances given to the Church are baptism by immersion of believers only and the Lord’s Supper partaken of by obedient Christians (Matthew 3:13-17; Acts 2:41, 8:36-39, 10:47; 1 Corinthians 11:23-34).